BYYB Forums

Full Version: Not a Builder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm not a builder, but I have the pleasure of owning a Weekender.

I've owned and sailed Wicked Wanda for about 7 years now.  I sail very often, sometimes way beyond her limits. (I'll post some of the stories on the other forum)  Because of my work, (long haul truck driver) she did not get all the maintenance she needed. (If the day was nice enough to work on boat it was nice enough to sail, guess which option I usually chose?  Wink )

Last year I had a major (for me) repair.  Her transom had rotted where I had cracked the fiberglass shell.  I fixed her over a weekend and sailed on. (pics on the way)

This year I "semi" (pun not intended) retired. So now I have the time and place to actually work on her.  I completely redid all the brightwork, rebuilt rudder box, and fresh paint all around.  She looks like NEW!

I've been a lurker on this forum for years, but didn't join because I didn't actually build her. But now I need some help, and have questions.  My repair of last year is FAILING! :-\  I don't want to lose my wonderful little boat. (I'll post the pictures and questions later)

This seems to be a wonderful community and I am looking forward to your help.

Ok, I've got several pictures of Wicked Wanda in the Gallery. (user gallery, wicked wanda)

And one here as well (getting it figured out) (I think)