BYYB Forums

Full Version: New Member - Fred Zehring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going to try this again.  I wrote an introduction post a couple of days ago but the system kept rejecting my answer that the 1st B in BYYB meant Back.  Am I missing something.

Anyway, here goes.  I am finally getting around to being serious about building a Weekender.  I bought the original plans when they were first available and I still have the magazine article to go with them.  They are yellowed with age and smudged with many hours of studying and dreaming.  I recently bought a new set of plans so that I would have the latest design, and a DVD set.  I have been reviewing the posts from oldest to newest, looking for tidbits of knowledge and I appreciate everyone's thoughtful inputs.  I have also contact PAR and have begun a conversation with him concerning modifications that would be better installed during construction.

Why start now after all of these years?  Well, I am retired now from a job that required extensive travel.  It even allowed me to drop in on Stevenson's Projects once when I was on the west coast, so it wasn't all bad.  But building a boat was not in the cards while in that career.

I look forward to getting started and chatting with everyone here.  I can see by drifting through the forum what a great bunch of people you all are.

BTW:  I live in SW Ohio, near Dayton.  If there is anyone on here from this area I would like to meet you and swap notes

Thanks,

Fred Zehring
Welcome Fred! Big Grin

I haven't started full build yet.e.g. laying keel. but have started making lots of parts for the boat. I look forward to hearing about your progress! Big Grin Cheers!

Ps. Sorry - not in Ohio

Welcome Fred!  Happy building!