BYYB Forums

Full Version: Station 13 angle changes and stern block pieces question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am cutting the aft angle on my keel pieces to the 109 degrees outlined here http://home.comcast.net/~TomsWeekender/Station13.html, rather than the 112 called for. The plans describe a 92 degree angle on the pieces that form the stern block. Question, should I also subtract 3 degrees from the 92 and use an 89 degree angle then?

As I plan to install them after attaching the transom, might there be an alternative and/or better way to lay out and cut the pieces?

Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about getting this area perfect.  I spent three days trying to figure out why my deck came out two inches too short when all the measurements were correct.  In the end I went with what I eventually figured out were correct and scabbed a two inch wide addition to the back of the deck.  In order to keep the transom unchanged, I had to also scab a couple narrow wedge pieces to the rear of the deck.  IMO keep the stem and forward deck unadjusted and make up any differences in the stern.  In the end, it is invisible and had no bearing on the end product.  I would also recommend that you segregate the lazarette from the rest of the boat to allow for the seat backs to be enclosed floatation. 

Al