BYYB Forums

Full Version: Fiber Glass tape question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone...its been a looooooong time...sorry...I flipped my pdr and want to use fiber glass tape on the edges before primer/paint on the bottom/outside edges...

But I realized that I have primed the sides---so, can i use the tape over the primer...or should i sand down the primer and get back to wood on the areas where I will use the tape?

Also---its just clear epoxy over the tape, right? Have used epoxy a lot...but never fiber glass tape or fiber glass sheeting.

Yep, grind off the primer, which should be easy, back to raw wood. The use standard procedures for applying tape. Have a look at my "Tips & Tricks" page to get more information about doing this.

After the tape is applied, you'll need to "fair" it into surrounding areas, which is just some cosmetic filler to smooth things out under paint.
Thanks Paul. I watched a bunch of Redbarn youtube videos which helped...the  went out and sanded down the primer.  I will check out your link too.