BYYB Forums

Full Version: Okahu - some more photos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got some more pictures one of my daughters took on the launch day - thought I'd put them up while I'm waiting for the combination of some wind blowing and the time to take her out again!  She's still looking pretty fine out the front on her trailer though!

Hope I can get some pics of her up sailing soon, happy building all.

ps - feels a bit funny writing on this forum now that I have finished (as much as you ever do!) building...

Gerrard
Great job - looks very nice.

There's no such thing as " now that I have finished" - you're never going to be finished, until you sell her or an obnoxious mermaid, comes and takes it from you (and no, if they're stealing your boat, they're always mean and butt ugly).
poor mermaids!! - I'm sure I've seen some beauties!
Thanks Paul - I enjoyed it!

Gerrard
Gerrard, I love the deadeye's!  I think they add to the overall classic looks of these wonderful boats Smile. Did you have any issues to tweek after having her on the water?

Regards,

.      Will
Very nice job, Gerrard.  I hope mine turns out as nice.  Just finished up the cockpit seating.  I'll post photos soon.  We had a terrible spring, and I have a couple of other priorities ahead of boatbuilding, so, slow progress.

Dave
Cheers Dave,
good luck with the priorities…life has to go on around our dreams doesn't it - and overall, that's a good thing!

Thanks Will - yes I love the deadeyes too; glad I went to the effort of making up the 8 of them!  I think the timber rig also works well with them as there is perhaps more 'give' in the standing rigging than would be offered by taught steel rigging?  Most importantly though, they look great!

I have done some tweaking already - have moved the goose neck up the mast about 30cm so hopefully the boom will be a bit above sitting head height with the sail up rather than mid temple which is where it ended up on the first runs!  Haven't had a chance to try it out yet so will update you when I get her out again…can't wait!
cheers
Gerrard