BYYB Forums

Full Version: Last sail for the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
S/V "Life is Good" Sail #154 last sail of the year. Getting Cold up here in Michigan........
I'm glad to see you have sailed her this past summer.  Mary & I miss miss her but know she is in good hands.
Richard Its been a great year. Had her out at least one time a week and sometimes more. She has hit a lot of lakes in Michigan and next year will hit a few more. Maybe even the big lakes if I get the time. I have failed to get any sailing pictures of her this year, but will make it a point next year and send them too you.
She is a fine craft & it looks like she has a great home.
I remember the "last sail" thing, when I was still up in winter wonderland country. Can't say I miss it. Some say they like the "seasons". I do too, which is why I moved some place where we only have the good ones. My last sailing day of the year is usually Christmas week. Put her under cover, keep her dry and she'll be waiting for you next spring.
Greetings Paul,

Yes, but there are a few other "lasts" of the seasons that are not to be missed ... like I just winterized the lawn mower !  It's good that we won't see that beast until May.

How's your lawn mower running this week?  Wink

Cheers,
Tom
Admittedly, I have used the mower recently, but this time of year is just a maintenance cut, knocking down weeds, more then the lawn. I can live with not cutting again until the end of February, but if I really cared, I'd do a maintenance cut every 3 weeks until then. What really sucks is, the other half wants a new roof, before the insurance company gets pissed. I have about 3,500 sq. ft of shingles and another 700 of flat to do. It's only a 4/12 pitch and I can do it, but it's young man with a good back work, which I'm not any more. I'm not looking forward to it, though at least it'll be cool out (relatively).
Suck it up, Paul.

Back in the day I rented an upstairs apartment in a Victorian house from a lovely Indiana couple - Arnold and Sue Smith. One day, miss Sue decides she wants a shiny new two car garage built in the back yard to replace the existing dilapidated barn. So with my Turkish Van attentively watching from the roof of the wrap-around porch, Arnold goes out and clears some space, then digs up and frames the footings by hand so a local concrete guy could pour the floor. After the concrete cures, Arnold then framed, sheathed, sided, and shingled his new garage, even installing the double-wide door himself. The cat was entertained. Miss Sue was pleased. I was amazed. Arnold was 88 at the time.

Cheers,
Tom