BYYB Forums

Full Version: Vacationer trailer weights query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all Vacationers,  can you give me an idea of what weight your Vacationers end up being on your trailers? - pounds are ok; I can convert to kg.
thanks
The Stevenson's say it weighs 750 pounds, but I think it's heavier.  I used Meranti plywood for the hull bottom and sides, and Okume for the rest.  Meranti is heavier (by 20%?) than okume.  I'm guessing the finished weight will be closer to 1000 pounds than 750.

Dave
It depends on the ballast situation: How many bottles are empty, and how many are still full. And what other stuff you have laying around...
Trailer weight can vary a lot, depending on what you've got aboard her, how she's equipped, how heavy she was built, etc. A 1,000 pounds (454 kg) would be a good average, heavier if lots of stuff, like an outboard, extra batteries . . .
thanks guys - yes, I thought it would probably come in at around 500kg - I have a more solid keel (well, thicker anyhow; about 70mm of recycled oregon) so I'm pretty happy that a 1000kg trailer load would give me plenty of leeway.  Still looking for that trailer to come out of the blue for me..I know it's out there somewhere!

Will post some more photos soon...winter has slowed things up a bit here.

Don't go too big on the trailer. If the springs are too stiff, the boat will ride like it's on a bed of rock. The idea is to get a trailer with spring rates about what you what to haul, so the springs will actually preform some work, softening the ride.

Trailers in this size range as about as common as my ex-girl friends, so look around.