BYYB Forums

Full Version: picture of my new dutch style lacing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here ya go Bill,

This is a picture of the new lacing that I didn't get to show you at the messabout.  I used cheap poly rope and nylon string to make this up.  The black stuff that you see in the center of the X's is liquid electricians tape.  I painted that over the string because I wasn't sure that the knots would hold.  So far, the sail goes up and down much easier than the hoops as long as I remember to stuff it up above the hinge when I stand the mast up.  What I like  best is that the sail seems to take a better shape with the lacing over the hoops.  I don't have any wrinkles in the luff now.  I don't know why, but it seems to work. 

I've also included a picture of the fix I did on the gaff jaws that shows how the lacing looks when the sail is struck.  This reshaping of the gaff jaws has completely eliminated the jaws hanging up on the shrouds.  The jaws still contact the shrouds, but they don't get stuck.

oops!

I thought I sent both pics.  Here's the other one.
Thanks, Al.  I can see why the lacing would work well.