BYYB Forums

Full Version: Progress on my Weekender model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few shots of my Weekender model.  I'm working on the spars now.  After that, the cabin roof and sides, then finish. (click on the name of the photo to open, rather than the photo itself.  It opens in a much better window)

Dave
I like your mod to the tabernacle. I may have to upgrade mine before spring...
Brit:  The tabernacle is modelled after the tabernacle on my real Weekender, "Molly".  It was inspired by Ryerson Clarks tabernacle on "San Souci".  Check out his website.  There are several threads on this board about tabernacles also.
Looking sweet Dave. Now, equally (more?) importantly; how's her big sister the Vacationer coming along?
I've got two coats of undercoat/primer on the hull now and am building mast and spars and feeling a bit swamped by all the myriad of other jobs to be done!!! Hope to have all my stainless fittings ready next week - have had them made up by a local company -ie the chain plates, rudder hardware, goose kneck etc. I liked the idea of using ss rather than the galvanised options as per the plans.

Anyhow, happy building - oh, and I too am building a model sailing boat at present; a 'Footy' and have put a vacationer type gaff rig on her - am also getting my class of 16 year olds to build them so soon we'll have our own regatta!

Happy building
Is that 1:4 scale?
Brit:  You have a good eye!  It is 1:4 scale!

Dave