BYYB Forums

Full Version: Moving to a New Server (maybe tonight!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As most of you know, my company donates the hosting space for BYYB.ORG.

In early 2012, I had a business dealing that required that I divest myself of my paid hosting accounts, so this site and my personal sites (such as http://messing-about.com) were moved to a smaller account.

That business relationship has ended, so I'm restarting my hosting business. I have a new, larger server configured and will be transitioning this site to the new server today.

Prior to the move, the forums will be put into "maintenance mode". The move happens pretty quickly, but because of the way the Internet works, some members will see the old site in "maintenance mode" for a day or so.

When you visit the new site, you will probably need to log back in, as the "cookies" that allow automatic log in will be reset. After logging back in, everything will be as before.

A side benefit of the move is that I have increased the allowed size of images, and increased the number per post to 6.

Please let me know if you have any questions at fshagan@gmail.com
We are up and running on the new server!
Looks like things are working fine!
It does ... much smoother than other moves we've made!

I'm interested to see how the forums are responding for everyone, faster, slower or about the same (the new server is in a different geographical location, although it probably won't make a difference).

Great work, not a ripple on my end.