BYYB Forums

Full Version: Mini-Cat Sail Plan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have a copy of the mini cat plans kicking around? I am looking for the sail plan and details. I am looking at getting a new main sail and jib made. I want to get a quote but don't have my plans at hand.

Worst case scenario I will have to drive home and pick up my plans, then drive to the shop to see what they can do for me.

Thanks,

Shawne
Biggest challeng is that you are one of the few that is active that actually has a mini-cat.
Pop, Cap'n Bud, is active and has a hot little Mini Cat s/v Pearl. He uses a Hobie Cat rig.... (mast, mainsail, jib). It is a little rocket, but falls in the wet ass chronicles. :wink: :?
Shawne I have the plans in hand, maybe I can help.
Mast is 18' overall main sheet is 15' 10'' X 70''
jib 11'9" on front where it hooks to the bridle 11'4" back where it runs with mast 40 1/2" wide at bottom'
Of course this can all be made larger. I have the small hobie cat mast it is 24' with the small hobie main and a jib that will overlap. This gal will go but she will wet your a$$ every once and a while. When you really get her cranking she has a little dive problem that you have to watch for but this can be corected with dive finders like are on the Cocky Cat I also have those plans if you deside to install then on your mini. Hope this will help Bud.