BYYB Forums

Full Version: Vacationer ghosting along!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Summer is here - thoughts are with all those poor families who have lost their properties over recent days in Tasmania to bushfires; next few days are going to be pretty bad in NSW too - 42 degrees on tuesday and windy!! Summer in Australia is a challenge of late!

Anyhow, to lighter things - been back into my Vacationer these holidays and just thought I'd post a few images to show progress...still having fun and getting excited about a launch inside 12 months!

Have all but completed fibreglassing exterior of hull - double bias and epoxy resin (2 to 1 from local manufacturer AA Fibreglass in Cardiff; great product) and have begun fitting steering gear - using a 2nd hand mechanism for $20 from a local boat shop - feels better than the built up gal pipe design in the plans although I'm sure that would have been more than adequate.

So, all the many jobs are slowly being undertaken....and then there's more!!

Happy new year to you all
cheers
Gerrard
Looks great!  Keep us posted. Smile
Looking good! I love the traveller!

Dave
Thanks guys, hope the winter isn't slowing yours down too much Dave.  Smile
(01-05-2013, 06:14 PM)Gerrard OLeary link Wrote:... next few days are going to be pretty bad in NSW too - 42 degrees on tuesday and windy!!

That's 107°F for those of us in the States.

Cheers,
Tom
Yeow! That's hot! Do they even make an epoxy slow enough to get it onto the boat?  Or do you just pump both parts right on and mix while you spread? Wink
It's currently 25 degrees Farenheit here.  I'm pretty much shut down until i can get my kerosene heater stoked up to work in the garage without going bankrupt....probably March.

Dave
Good to see another Vacationer well on it's way to a launch.

Greg
Winter is in full swing here. We barely made the 70's today (21 c) and tomorrow will be high 60's, which sucks, but by mid week, we'll be back to normal with mid 70's (24 c).
Gerrard:  On close inspection of your photos, I noticed that you modified the seating:  smaller seats and more legroom.  Now that it's done, how does it "feel" sitting in the cockpit?  Do you like the feel of the mod?  Is it comfortable for longer sails?

Dave
Pages: 1 2