BYYB Forums

Full Version: Anybody recognize their Weekender?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all,

[Image: RandomWeekender.jpg]
Link to Original Size Photo

Photographer Dick Thies, 15:45:25 September 7, 2012, Port Townsend, Washington
Apparently, Dick is a fan of the gaff rig.

So, 3:45pm? and September 7th was a Friday. Somebody skipping work?

Cheers,
Tom
Island Girl with new ports? Maybe Fire Escape?
Looks like Joel's Island Girl with him seated next to his "Island Girl".  Very nicely built and finished Weekender with the rigging kept simple and to plans for the most part.  Handles well in our Puget Sound Conditions. 
For those looking for an alternate keel construction, this was well done w/plywood.  Joel has a good gallery of construction photos although I've misplaced the location.
Here's the link ...  Picasa - Island Girl

and the image of his plywood keel ...

[Image: keel1.jpg]

But the above photo is not Island Girl ...

[Image: launch%2520067.jpg]

... unless Joel ditched his tan-bark sails, replaced all his running rigging with un-colored line, replaced blocks and deck hardware, lost his mainsheet bridle, unpainted his mast head and bowsprit tip, rounded off his boom, repainted his hatches, remade the name plate on the transom, made a new rudder box and tiller assembly, added trailboards and cockpit combing, renumbered his hull, squared up his port-lights, and swapped his long-shaft Honda for a short shaft model.

But other than that, the boats look pretty similar.  :o

Cheers,
Tom
I do believe you're correctt.  I Didn't get to Port TownsendWooden boat  Festival this Year.  Just saw the photo and it didn't register as quite right, but I saw the white w/green trim, white rudder, Honda and what I thought was Joel and his wife.
It isn't "Fire Escape" either.

Thanks
Barry