BYYB Forums

Full Version: New Mini-Cup in progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
OK, I finally stopped procrastinating and started making sawdust.  Of course, once you do that there just isn't that much time for posting pictures, or hanging out on the Internet, or interacting with the wife...  That's a bit of a sore spot.

I have plans for the Weekender, and the Super Skipjack looks pretty good to me too, in addition to a few other plans, but for now, this is what I have going on, so I thought I would share a few pictures.

The last picture is the state it's in right now.  I'm ready to add the sides and the deck -- just waiting for payday to buy more plywood.  You all know what that's like.
looking great, keep the pics coming its winter here, my superskipjack  is tarped up, i need this site and these southern builds to keep up morale!
Looking very good!  Big Grin
Hey, a new Mini-Cup! Cool...I have a soft spot for this design, having really enjoyed it for a long summer when I was between 6th and 7th Grades...Great to see another one coming together!

Whereabouts are you?

Thanks,
Mike
I'm in the Phoenix area.  Mesa, actually.  It's been way too hot to build, especially with epoxy, but it's cooling off now.  I'm hoping to make some good progress over the Christmas break. 
I'd love to look over the Mini-Cup plans but the download link at the Stevenson's site is broken.  Anyone have the .pdf or a link to it?

Dave
I have a .pdf, but I don't have the link to where I got them.  I could email them to you.

I've heard a lot of people say they would like the plans, but can't find them.  That's a shame.

If anyone has a copy of the plans for the Mini-Cat, I would be interested.  I used to have a copy, but that was about 30 years ago.
Greetings Dave,

A pair of Mini-cup links ...

[table]
[tr][td]  Notes and Improvements -[/td][td]  http://home.comcast.net/~krisnicholas1/minicup/[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]  Viewable plans .PDF from scribd -[/td][td]  http://www.scribd.com/doc/5980131/Mini-Cup[/td][/tr]
[/table]

The ScribD .pdfs are very hard to extract without joining with a membership, however, you can view the .pdf in the browser as often as you like for free.

Cheers,
Tom
If I'm not mistaken, we have both of those plans in reprints...We scanned almost all of the plans and have most everything now.

I need to reformat the Amphora at some point, as it's a good first project. I had forgotten how straight-forward it is to build until I did one last December. (It HAD been 38 years since I last built one!) Anyway, I have adjusted some of the dimensions and they should work better now.

I'll check on the Mini-Cup and Cat later this week.

Mike
Pages: 1 2 3 4