BYYB Forums

Full Version: Vacationer progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is where I am on my Vac.  I install the cabin trunk and rafters.  That was a big job, because as you can see I redesigned the cabin shape with more vertical walls.  I've begun to frame in the cockpit.  The black paper plates represent planned port holes, 3 per side.  I think the round looks good.  Next up is the cabin top.

Dave
Dave, Looks good! Are those cordless drills in the pic? We are coming down your way next week and want to see your boats . Give me a call and we'll stop. Keep up the good work. Jim Stewart
That is looking great! Did you raise the height, and if so, by how much?
Jim:  Yes, I'm using cordless drills.  I used the regular corded type for my Weekender...a constant pain in the ass.  The lack of a cord really makes things easier and more convenient. I am using 3 drills in total.  One with a countersink bit, the second with the drive bit. and a third with a simple drill bit.  Works great.  I'm a woodworker, so I use the drills all the time.  On a project this big, 2 cordless drills are worth the investment, in my opinion.

Hershel:  I didn't raise the roof of the cabin except in front, where I abandoned the 35 degree rake of the trunk per plans, and substituted a 6 degree rake.  I plan to post a step-by-step as to how I designed and built the cabin trunk modification.  I like the traditional look of the more vertical cabin trunk.

Dave