BYYB Forums

Full Version: Aspiring To Build A Weekender in the Land of Toto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!  I'm Josh. Ive recently decided that I am going to Build A Weekender in the middle of the great USofA!!! Ive been doing quite a bit of research and have decided that for my needs/ wants, the weekender is the perfect little trailer cruiser for me!  I dont have a lot of experience with boats, or with building with wood. I did however work as a mechanic for a number of years, and have built a few things and still have that need to create things.  So why a boat? Why not a table or something useful around the house? I suppose you could blame the author Clive  Cussler for my love of all things boats, ships, or that which lives in the sea. He has an amazing way of describing a vessels graceful flowing lines. So, now I who live in Kansas must have a vessel of my own. Ive looked at a variety of pocket cruisers, including thepocketship and the lynx 16.  The one ship that jumped out at me was the weekender. It has everything that I desire in a vessel, and I look forward to beginning my building!!
Welcome to the madness, Josh.  I was bitten by the bug in 2001 and never looked back.
Welcome,

Richard is right about the boat building bug, it's terminal.

Jon
Welcome, Josh.  Post any questions you may have on the Builder's board.  You'll get plenty of help.  Have fun!

Dave
Welcome Josh!  I can't help a lot on Weekender's specifically, as I've only finished a Mini-Cup, but I wish you the best on you project!  Enjoy it and make sure that center line is DEAD ON!