BYYB Forums

Full Version: a few new pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
got out today it was a beautiful 26 degrees, but absolutely NO WIND!
who cares !! Smile we had a blast motor sailing with our trolling motor (30 lb thrust, MORE then enough power for the superskipjack)
the lake got alot of interest from water skiers. and i'm happy to say that this little boat can take a pretty good pounding when some moron blows by within 20 feet pulling a skier.

i've included a pic of the mod i made for attaching my rudder (a few scratches to touch up) but i used some heavy angle brackets, cut off to accept the pintles attached to the rudder box, they are lag screwed into the 2x4 on the stern of the boat, i'm really happy with how solid this is, and its very easy to attach.

also took a shot of the way i have the main rigged, with a line from port / starboard, a double pulley and the mainsheet running through it up to a hexaratchet on the boom, seems to be working well for us.

you can see how smooth this lake is (750 acres) i was glad we had the motor today, but it was still a blast being on the water in a boat we built, huge fun!!
oh and thats my wife liz on the tiller she took control of the whole thing today, i just sat back and enjoyed the ride Smile
Nice pics man,but that don't look like 26 degree weather :o
Celsius, Bob! Wink

Dave
Duh..... ;D
Sometimes the obvious stares us in the face and we fail to recognize it.  A few years ago, my wife sent me out during the Christmas season to bring home some ground round steak, which around here is commonly spread on rye bread, raw, and eaten with onions, salt and pepper, especially at Holiday parties.  Kind of like steak tartare without the raw egg.  I found a package at our local grocery store which the store had festively molded into the shape of a Chrismas tree.  When I brought it home, I asked my wife, to her amazement,  why the grocery would mold the ground round into the shape of an ARROWHEAD??  Duh!
Greetings Bob Booska,

I would not feel too bad about not recognizing Celsius temperatures (or is it Centigrade Wink ). After all, language is all about context and the rest of the post is in US or Imperial Units ... motor (30 lb thrust, ... within 20 feet pulling a skier ... lag screwed into the 2x4 ... lake is (750 acres).  You probably would have recognized it more quickly if you had also seen Watts, Meters, Centimeters, and Hectares instead of (Foot-)Pounds, Feet, Inches, and Acres.

Bob Lee is a Canadian, and our friends north of the border have a curious way of mixing Metric and Imperial units, sometimes in the same sentence. 

Cheers
Tom:  I need your advice on my Vacationer cabin redesign.  Check your messages!

Dave
haha! that comes from being old enough to have gone to school with one system and living with the other! and thats just one of the weird things about us canadians Smile
Some measurements are universal.....Duh  Smile