BYYB Forums

Full Version: Vacationer Photos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spent the weekend dry-fitting the deck to the bulkheads in anticipation of final assembly.  i did have to trim off a little of the deck at the extreme outboard edges to get the deck to fit the transom's curve.  Some photos below.

Dave
  Looking Good Dave, keep the pictures coming. Keith W
I have been spending too much time on facebook, since I am looking for the like button.  Smile
Fantastic craftsmanship! I am slightly behind you in my vacationer. I cut the deck out today.
I really enjoy following your progress.
Nice looking deck!

Mike
Thanks for the comments, guys!
Herschel:  You said you're a little behind me, so let me forewarn you of a couple of things.  The panel joiners which joint the side deck to the rear deck fall on the wings of the cabin bulkhead.  You get a "bump" in the deck!  To get a nice smooth fair shear you need to notch the wings so the panel joiner sits down and the plane of the deck itself sits on the wings of the bulkhead.  As you can see from the photo, this gives a nice clean shear line.
  Make sure the bulkhead centers are lined up perfectly with the hull bottom center.  I think I installed my transom  a bit off center, so when I dryfitted the deck, the deck didn't lie perfectly on the two bulkheads:  everything was shifted to the left about 3/4 inch!  I had to reposition the bulheads so that the deck sat down properly.  Consequently the cabin bulkhead and the fore bulkhead extend out past the outboard edge of the deck about 1/2" to 3/4".  This will need to be trimmed off before installing the hull sides, but shouldn't make a major difference in appearance or performance.  The other consequence is that the cabin hatch isn't perfectly centered in the cockpit.  It's off by about 3/4" also.  No one should notice, but me!

Dave
Thanks Dave. I'll watch out for that. Keep posting your progress.
good looking piece of work Dave, I'll have to watch out you don't catch me up!!