BYYB Forums

Full Version: Gerrard's Vacationer ghosting along...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, it feels that way at times anyhow!

Actually I have made some good progress over the last couple of months and have now finished glassing the topsides and today (with the help of my trusty young friend Joe (my daughter's boyfriend)) I gave the interior a final glossy white coat of paint; talk about shiny! Thought I'd post a couple of pics of the whiteness - oh, and my bit of cabinetry inside with a nice little touch of brightwork.

Have ordered a new set of sails from Mike which is exciting and have just purchased litres of epoxy and double bias (yes, I went down that road) for the hull exterior which is the next BIG job - will be getting a hand with that too.

Ok, happy sailing you northern hemisphere summer boys and girls - how about someone posting some video of a vacationer backing off on a north-east wind, sailing on a summer breeze and skipping over the ocean like a stone? Would love to see some of those lovely boats out there sailing!

cheers
Gerrard
Very nice looking boat Gerrard.
wow, nice work! keep the photos coming
Awesome work Gerrard, I like how you left it open in the cabin, I plan to do the same, more stretching room.
you are moving right along, and definetly more pics man looking great!
very cryptic Dave! ???
OOPS!  I meant to say that I was planning to leave the interior of my Vacationer open also!

Dave
Well thats some pretty good ghosting