BYYB Forums

Full Version: cut out my lazerette hatches and my seat hatches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cut out my lazerette hatches and my seat hatches this past weekend. here are some pic's.

[Image: S3000020.JPG]

[Image: S3000018.JPG]

[Image: S3000022.JPG]

I found some second hand syp that has to be as old as me and looks good to make the frames out of.
  Looking good Brian,  did you enlarge the lazerette area ? Will you  be able to get a fuel tank though the cut outs in the hatches, I know I had to enlarge my opening to get my six gal tank under the seats. What engine are you going to use ? Keep up the good work.
                              Keith W
Keith:  Do you have any full-sized photos of your Vactioner?  I'd love to see the cabin mods you made, but the small photos you posted on the bulletin board are too small.  Email them to me if you can:  docblake@aol.com  Thanks

Dave
  Dave the only pictures I dont seem to have are of the inside of the cabin, I will take some more when I take the cover off in a few weeks,  I did resize the small one's but they a little blurry
Thank you Keith, man i love those pic's I forgot how gorgeous your boat was!
The seat hatches  will fit my gas tank, I am running a 7hp, 1976 johnson sea horse, it has lessthan 10 hrs on it and looks like it came out of a show room. cost $250. I left the lazerete as in the plans.
I will build the seat hatch frames this weekend and install them. as for the laz' hatch frames i want to glass before i put them on, i figure if the whole hull minus the dead wood keel is glasse3d it wont hurt.