BYYB Forums

Full Version: BEER CRUISE UPDATE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK Gang,

Here is the deal on the BEER Cruise 2012.  This comes from Scott Widmar via Face book as the web site has not yet been updated.  http://www.beercruise.info/ 

The Pensacola Shipyard is again providing a launch and  recover point with some slips and plenty of truck and trailer parking.  .  As I recall the cost for this is $50 per boat.  Hoist and sling service is also available for the bigger boats at an additional charge.  Sorry I have no estimates for the sling work.  Again this year Cajon John is whipping up more of his mouth watering Cajun grub.  The cost for the meal is ~$5.  If you don’t eat yours I will. The first stop on the cruise is Pirates Cove near Lillian Al.  This is a really neat place and I have had a ball every time I have been over there.  It has been a while since the Beer stopped there.  It is a nice sail west from P-Cola.  The second stop is Sand Island adjacent to Pensacola Bay Pass.  Nice sandy beaches, dunes, and Gulf access for those who want some green water time.  Next we are on to the Pavilions on P-Cola island for overnight camping and beach party time.  There is nothing there except the pavilions and a bath house about a ¼ mile from the boats.  Also there are no trash cans near the picnic tables so plan accordingly.    Navarre is a short sail further on for those who wish for some amities.  The next day is a sail back west to Pensacola Beach  for fun on the boardwalk and lots attractions and  restaurants.  The final days is a return to the Shipyard and haul out.

Every Beer I have been able to attend has been a wonderful experience.  This is not a structured event and is family friendly.  The fleet consists of everything from sailing dinks to 30+ ft motor cruisers.  The winds are pretty steady and westerly that time of year and temperature in the low 80s.  You may see a popup thunder storm but we are in protected water behind the barrier islands the whole cruise.  The web site has not been updated but a short visit will give you an idea of what it is all about.

Bill Olney and I are bringing his Pearson Electra behind my MH so I hope to see you all there!!!!!!

V/r

Craig  8) 8) 8)
I wish i lived closer...sounds like a blast...I will salute you with some beer on the west coast!