BYYB Forums

Full Version: Another Pocket Cruiser Builder in Queensland?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
G'day BYYB members

Like Andrew, I am pleased to introduce myself as another Stevenson Projects builder, currently building a pocket cruiser. A Queenslander living 30km outside north of Brisbane, close to Deception Bay. Beautiful Moreton Bay with three main islands and hundred little islands within the Moreton Bay.
I am the son of a professional carpenter/joinery, worked in his private workshop all my schoolboy life in South Africa.  Dad had built his own Enterprise sailing dingy plus 8 more (wood deck only on fibreglass hull) for private clients. Studied to be a chef and didn't do woodworking for almost twenty years until 2009. I came to Australia in 2006, the culture of the Aussie' spirit with the sea sparked my interest back to sailing
Started building the pocket cruiser in March 2009, because I was a chef back then and mondays was my only day off; it took me a year and few months to do all the woodwork until real boat came out of flat plywood. Unfortuately I stopped building for more than a year and a half due to other family commitment /arrival of a third daughter. Recently I started to carry on the the project, found some unwanted steel scraps and currently building a trailer; should be finished within few months. ( I didn't like the idea of having the boat completely ready to be sailed but get stuck without a trailer). I hope to do the boat painting this year before putting the boat onto the trailer.

Are there any other Queenslander with a pocket cruisers? So far it is only me and Andrew

Regards Ronald
Hey Ronald, I would love to drop in and see your boat.  how would you feel about that?  My in-laws live at Kalangur and my son is at Morayfield.  I am down that way quite often.
Let me know.  In the mean time, do you have any piccies and/or video?

Cheers

Andrew
Of course Andrew. You're most welcomed to come over to view boat. I have so much to tell you regarding plans. As I do a little different way of building it, much easier method. Did raise the deck two inch higher, one inch higher cabin roof to create bigger ' 3 man dome tent' inside.
I am home most Sunday afternoons. We can arrange times via facebook. (sorry no phone as I'm hearing impaired. Rest assured, I lip read and speak very well)  Smile
Oops...to answer to your questions. Yes I have heaps of building photos in my PC