BYYB Forums

Full Version: Pocket cruiser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
G'day BYYB members

Like Andrew, I am pleased to introduce myself as another Stevenson Projects builder, currently building a pocket cruiser. A Queenslander living 30km outside north of Brisbane, close to Deception Bay. Beautiful Moreton Bay with three main islands and hundred little islands within the Moreton Bay.
I am the son of a professional carpenter/joinery, worked in his private workshop all my schoolboy life in South Africa.  Dad had built his own Enterprise sailing dingy plus 8 more (wood deck only on fibreglass hull) for private clients. Studied to be a chef and didn't do woodworking for almost twenty years until 2009. I came to Australia in 2006, the culture of the Aussie' spirit with the sea sparked my interest back to sailing Smile
Started building the pocket cruiser in March 2009, because I was a chef back then and mondays was my only day off; it took me a year and few months to do all the woodwork until real boat came out of flat plywood. Unfortuately I stopped building for more than a year and a half due to other family commitment /arrival of a third daughter. Recently I started to carry on the the project, found some unwanted steel scraps and currently building a trailer; should be finished within few months. ( I didn't like the idea of having the boat completely ready to be sailed but get stuck without a trailer). I hope to do the boat painting this year before putting the boat onto the trailer.

Are there any other Queenslander with a pocket cruisers? So far it is only me and Andrew

Regards Ronald
Welcome Aboard Ronald!
If you have any questions just post them in the builders buliten board and you will probubly get multiple answers to your questionsmate.
We also have alot of older posts that can answer alot of questions as well. Just use the search feature.

Brian.