BYYB Forums

Full Version: Vacationer still going...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all and happy new year to you all.  Thought I might update where I am with my Vacationer; 12 months on from laying her keel. Have a little video I will post so hope you enjoy the mess!  Hopefully next christmas it will be a sailing video!

cheers from New South Wales, Australia - about 31degrees Celcius today: great for epoxying the cloth onto the deck!

OK, video too large, will work out how to make a link to it; stand by...here's a picture while you wait

Ok, now here's the link! http://vimeo.com/35826701
Great vid mate!Thanks for sharin'.
I have somethng that looks an awfully lot like that in my back yard as well. She's lookin great keep it goin' I love the ukelele jamz awesome fun.
Thanks Brian, yea, the Uke jam was fun! - my son and nephew.

What is in your shed? Another Vacationer?
Yes sir, Not another though the same old one I've been procrastinating on for quite some time.
I began building my vac in '06 got 3-d and stopped when the sanding came into play, I havent done much with it in the last 3 years or so as I was completely addicted to a pirate video game on the computer. I broke the mindset about 3 weeks ago and began where I left off, I have one side of my deck sanded and ready, I am beginning the other side of the deck, and cabin side later today. once I get this side all fixed up, I plan on cutting out my lazerete hatches,(I am making 2) and then my cabin ports. then I will glass the whole top, flip her over and do the same to the bottom and sides.
I have some building pic's on my website they are the tabs along the top ie; progress on lady G, progress 2-3-4 -5..
It's at...    http://brisboatyard.com/
Nice web site Bri, now get off your ass and start building.  BEER is 4 June!
Hahaha ! Gerrard i just realized that you contacted me on my website long ago when you were first beginning your build!
she's a great looking boat mate, i been looking at your video for inspiration on and off since you posted it, even showed the wife.
nice video!  good luck the rest of the way...
Thanks boys, onward and onward! I'm finding the 2:1 epoxy (manufactured by a local company) good to work with - as opposed to the 5:1 stuff and now embarassing amine blush :-[

What's that you're building Matt?
Sorry Matt, just opened my eyes and saw 'Puddle Duck' - nice one; give you a race to launch day!
Yeah I switched to 2 to 1 epoxy here as well I had first tried west system 5 to 1 but I find the 2-1 is much easier to work with
Pages: 1 2