BYYB Forums

Full Version: Sultana construction pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's been about ten years since I built Sultana and I finally loaded pics on Youtube. Enjoy.

http://messing-about.com/forums/topic/78...ing-built/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpA4Gt9PG...AAAAAAAAAA

She's an awesome boat, Bob.  Thanks!
I saw a picture of Sultana on the BYYB Homepage with a caption of "who owns this Vac? Mistery solved!
Nice work Bob!  Whats the history behind the name Sultana?
Heya Bob, sultana was one of my inspirational boats along with rudunyet, whipoorwill,and sarah lee.
great job, great boat!
How is she doing, still afloat?
Thanks for posting the slideshow it's great seeing her again.

Brian.
Sultana was blown off her trailer and rolled across my yard during hurricane Ike and all the sticks were destroyed. Water got into places where it couldn't drain out after I got her back on the trailer. There was a bit of rot that I had to repair but she's ready to go again!!!

Sultana's name was picked by a friend of mine. I built a large telescope some years ago and designed a tracking system for it also. At astronomy gatherings I am able the slew to objects in deep space with a laptop computer that interfaces with the tracking system. My friend would call me the "Sultan of Slew". Sultana translates as "Mistress of the Sultan". Sultana is also a grape. I like the slew story better.

I plan to retire in about a year and want to get reacquainted with Sultana. Employment is really getting in the way of my fun.
Oh i must agree with you there, Work allways gets in my way of fun lol.
Great news that you repaired her mate glad to hear it. If you get her back out on the blue take a few photo opp's folks would love to see her in action again.

Wow Telescopes, do you layer photos as to get thier depth and colors as well? I had a friend of a friend who made a small observatory out in the country here, He took all kinds of deep space pic's they were beautiful, I will see if I have his link
Nice job on Sultana.
super nice slide show...
Yes, so good to see some more Vacationer images; I always liked the few pics on the Stevenson's webpage, esp that nice bow on shot. - how does she go with the 3HP outboard? Is it enough to keep her going in a bit of a blow against the tide?

Must get mine finished!

Gerrard
Pages: 1 2