BYYB Forums

Full Version: Newbe SWE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!
I'm Peter Zade, from Uppsala, Sweden! (Y'all know, that cold place in Scandinavia, who build Volvo's and send people to the ISS)
I'm a 53 yrs young airline captain, who's been sailing since even the younger age of 10.
I came to the same conclusion as the Stevenson guys did, after all these years (yeah, I'm a slow learner Wink
Any bigger boat, than you really need, is just a show off!
Although a got my 34' Omega 10, sitting outside my kitchen window, I'm really looking forward to start my weekender project.
I got my plans and I'm getting ready to make some sawdust, but will not start until spring 2012 (some fat guy, dressed in red has come in between)

And also,, yeah!! The Omega 10 metre one design, is actually  for sale, if any of you should hear about someone who'd be interested Wink

Cheers

Peter
(12-07-2011, 02:39 AM)Peter Zade link Wrote: [ -> ]I'm Peter Zade, from Uppsala, Sweden! [...] I'm really looking forward to start my weekender project.
I got my plans and I'm getting ready to make some sawdust, but will not start until spring 2012 (some fat guy, dressed in red has come in between)

Hi, and welcome on board. Good to see another Scandinavian here. I'm in Copenhagen, originally from Finland. So far I have only made 1:10 models of sawdust, building a small model of the Super Skipjack while waiting for warmer weather, and access to a garage to build in. You should be able to find enough reading stuff for the dark winter nights in the archives here.

Regards

Heikki

P.S. I like meter-boats too, used to own a part of a 8m boat "Unda".
Welcome Peter,

I am a fellow flier who loves to sail.  You are right about the Stevenson's.  This is one of the best groups of people on Earth.

Regards,
Jon
Welcome all, We hope to see some photos of you collected works.  Feel free to ask any questions of the group.  Not much that we don't have at least one expert avaliable.  Welcome aboard.
V/r

Craig
Hello again!
Many thanx for your welcome guys, feels nice  Smile

Heikki, I'm working in Göteborg (commuting), so by spring, i would be really fun to meet, if I get a cance .
Lots of stormy weather lately, hoping for little calmer conditions before launch time.

Jon, Almost an old neighbor... I used to live in Durham NC in the early 70's Smile
I see that you also care for bees. My mother has got the same thing going for the little honyworkers. She has been keeping bees for ages. Really nice  8)

Craig, Thanx, I'll bet you'll hear from me at some point. & yeah, been to Phoenix also  Wink

Regards,
Peter
Hello Peter, great to hear from you. I too sold my 30 ft. sailboat as I lost interest in it after building my weekender Rosebud. I live 45 miles north of San Francisco in Petaluma. We sail down the Petaluma river to the bay and into the Sacramento Delta several times a year. You are going to really enjoy your weekender, congratulations. Warren
Thank's Warren,
It sounds really great Smile
I just got back from Cabo Verde, to the not so very warm and sunny sweden.

I'm really looking forward to begin the build!

Be careful out there.
Cheers
Peter
Good luck on your build and please post photos!

Dave