BYYB Forums

Full Version: Marin County Sail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm taking my SSkipjack up to Sausalito tomorrow and Tomales Bay on Tuesday. If anyone's free, it'd be fun to get a couple of StevProj boats together. If not this trip, which was very last-minute, we'll set up something soon with more notice.

Mike Stevenson
Hi Mike, with a little notice I'm sure we could splash 3 Weekenders and a Potter for Tomales Bay. Also our ranger Kim Hawkens who lives in the light house at Point Reyes is just about finished with her Weekender.
  Enjoy San Diego this next few days, wish I could go. Warren.
Great! I drove out to Pt. Reyes yesterday on the way out and was struck again by how beautiful the area is. Maybe mid/late-Nov I'll try to get back up that way again. A pre-Thanksgiving Sail?

Mike
Must be nice, im trying to get my boat done before it snows!!!
Nice? Try this...They didn't plan to go with us but, could not stand watching us sail away. Mikes mom Susie said aww Peter you get in one boat and I'll get in another. So they came to sail with us for the day on Tomales Bay. Sorry I can't find Susies pics but when 3 weekenders hit the beach that day many people came up to us and the questions flew! Of course we pushed Peter out front and he had fun talking about his babys on the beach.
I really hate that I missed you on this trip, but back surgery really put the brakes on. However, I suspect if you get back up here for a pre Thanksgiving sail I would probably be ready for that. Did you get out on Tomales? Did you go Warren?
Hi Tom, no I didn't go as it was Theresa's birthday. We have been going to our cabin on the Petaluma River several times this month though. Hope your back is better. Kim Hawkens is bringing some parts of her Weekender over this coming week and I would welcome your help with her project if possible or just come by and meet her. Warren
No problem Tom: I'll be back up as soon as I get back in California for a bit longer (I'm in Texas at the moment, then December will be taken up with other stuff). Perhaps we can set up something in January or Feb.?

Mike
OK: I finally got a chance to post a short video of the sail on Tomales Bay in October. It was good, wet fun!

http://youtu.be/txXNAD3SNTY
Mike,

Great video!  You really know what you're doing out there.

I just covered Arwen and moved her out of the boat building shop (my wife calls it a "garage") to spend the winter outside.  I really needed that video "fix" to remind me that spring will come, and that there will be some great sailing days ahead once she is finished.

Thank you for sharing!

Kurt Ayres