BYYB Forums

Full Version: Maiden voyage of Vacationer "RUNNOFT"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sept 11, 2011, pay-off day. It has been 168 days since the first pencil line was drawn on keel planking. There is still a lot of detail and finish work to be completed, but I followed Peter Stevenson's advice and didn't over-finish so I could get her out on the water quickly before losing patience with such a big project. It has been a special challenge since the day before I started I lost half of my index finger and broke the middle finger on my dominant hand in an act of extreme stupidity, so this was great therapy to learn how to hold a pencil and perform other dexterity functions. Thanks to the Stevenson's for a great set of plans and thanks to the Forums at BYYB for lots of great ideas!
Fantastic!  Love the color scheme - I'm going to use the same (mostly).  I like forest green.  A few more pictures, possibly?  Maybe even a video or two.  Glad to see another vacationer.  I've got my sights set on one in the future.
I was shopping all over town for white tarp for the sails, but none could be had so I just cut up the old blue one I covered the boat with during the outdoor stages of construction. I'll take the winter to save up the pennies for a set of sails from the Stevenson web site. I have a lot more pictures but they are all too large in their current format so I need to do some work to get them up. Hopefully by the weekend though....
Great work! I like the colors too. Congratulations on your launch and I look forward to seeing some of your other shots too!

Mike
Can anyone tell me how to get more than one photo uploaded at a time? I have several more but they are all 600k or larger each.[attachment=1]
Very nice boat!  Off-white sails, or tanbark would look great!.  As to loading photos, any graphics editor (even Microsoft Paint) will allow you to scale down your photo.  Convert them to about 600X400 pixel size.  Works well here on this board.  To attach multiple photos, just keep adding new ones throught the "attachments and other options" box on the posting form until you reach 4, which is the limit, I think.

Dave
Congratulations from another Vacationer builder! I'd better get my skates on this summer and try to catch up - been working on mine for 11 months now...almost ready to glass the hull! Fun! Happy sailing.
Fantastic - video would be good.  Well done