BYYB Forums

Full Version: new skipjack build pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
a few new pictures, today i attached the first rubrail / trim i'll attach the main one after we flip the boat. i've also completed my splash coaming, i did mine based on some photos i've seen here, by laminating plywood around the curve at the front of the cockpit, and then attached the trim piece for around the base of the mast, which will be square. my supports are in for my seating and the whole cockpits has been epoxy coated and also since i had the 5200 caulk anyway, i went around all the joints with that as well.

tomorrow i'll build my seats, i'm making mine a little different then the plans, mine will be straight, which i think give more legroom fore and aft, then attaching the seat backs. i think i'm going to pack the space behind the seats with foam for floatation.

it's far from a work of art at this point, but i think it'll float ! labour day long weekend here, 24 degrees celcius, just having a blast boatbuilding !
It looks great! When is your Labour Day? Ours is tomorrow.

Mike
ours is monday, so i'll get a good days work in tomorrow.
Ah, sorry, I misread your post. I took it to read that you were intending to float the boat on Labour Day! If so, you have a busy day indeed!

However, I'm sure it would float fine, so maybe that'd be fun!
Wink
Mike
Nice looking boat.
Thanks just dont look too close ! Wink