BYYB Forums

Full Version: Well looks like the boat build is on hold for awhile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is is any time a guy starts a project he want's to do the wife always finds another project for him to work on.

Well the wife let me go out and buy a couple of new power tools for working on the boat, but then decided she should get something out of the deal.  She decided I should build two new cradles for the soon to be new grand kids.  well at-lest I'm getting two new grand kids to play with  ;D and practice with the new tools before i use them to screw up stuff on the boat  :Smile . so I guess I cant complain too much.

Nice job, Jim!  I'm a woodworker too so it's nice to see others' work.  Did you turn your own spindles?

Dave
Jim you've forgotten the first man rule of making things, which is building up sufficient nookie credits to get what you want. Nookie credits can be cashed within their allotted expiration time, on most things a guy might want. When you're young, you'll save up nookie credits until the magic spontaneous nookie event can occur. As we get older and wiser, it's usually realized that nookie credits can be applied to tool purchases, nights out with the boys and other desirable things.

Jim, you've failed to acquire sufficient nookie credits to muster a reasonable battle with the credit purveyor. Don't sulk, just start building up more credits and in a timely enough fashion that those currently accrued don't go past their "use by" date. I like to do it in bunches, amassing a huge credit on account, but keeping it just below the spontaneous nookie threshold, so that I can spring a sudden credit expenditure on her with little harm, often with a small reserve that sets me up for the next eventuality or just a plain Jane nookie session.
Nookie, i though she said cookies crap 30 years of making cookies every week-end what a wast of time ....... lol

No this extra project was manly my fault for bring up the fact that we bought one for our first born when we were stationed in Scotland (got lost in shipping through out the years of duty station transfers).

@Dave  well if you count a bunch of help from a professional, sons father in-law is a contractor and has a wood shop to die for and yes I made it a point to become friends real quick when the kids started dating (as I always tell the son I didn't gain a Daughter-in-law, I gained a wood shop  ;D) Anyway with lots of help from Scott the spindles were done in his shop and he didn't mind at all since its for his new grand-kid to.

Well this project is done and I'm back on the boat, just in time to since I got me a new grand-daughter last week and the 2nd grand-kid is due this coming week.

I did all the wood work and wife did the sewing and knitting everything made by hand, except the knobs on the ends and the brass (not about to pore brass and got lazy on the knobs since I had 4 laying in the parts bin)
and of course in use