BYYB Forums

Full Version: Greetings to all...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Friends,
  How pathetic am I?  As I have lived my humble, yet proud existance as a fulltime stay at home father for the the last seven yrs, I have come to appreciate you folks as my "escape" and support. I had hoped to begin my Vacationer some time ago, but as previous posts had mentioned, sometimes life gets in the way. Some six weeks ago my spouse went out of town, as usual, for a week and upon her return she advised me that our 13 yr marriage was over. KABLAM! News to me! Anywho, my apologies for not providing the fodder for laughing and/ or sneering due to my occassional ignorant inputs. Life goes on, I have since found new digs and have proceeded to make a new "home" for my two sons. It is my hope to begin anew and get my boys on the water under sail. This will happen! It is my understanding that RUDUNYET has found a new home just west of me in the St. Pete area. Is this true? I have been waiting patiently for a comrade in arms to be close enough for me and my son(s) to investigate further. I cannot express how much just visiting this humble site for the times past has been such a "home fire" for me. I promise not to rant but whether you all realize it or not is irrelevant, I think of you all as my friends. (I don't go out with the boys, or anything, I just make a cocktail or three and shoot the proverbial "shite" with y'all. I have missed you. Again, I request your forgiveness. I so much look forward to reading the posts and dreaming about my "someday" Vacationer project. My many, many thanks to you all. Paul.
I am sorry about your wife Paul.  It happens some times. You are right, were here to help.  YOu might build one of the smaller boats to get started, something the boys could handle and to play withwhile you build your VAC.  There are other designs that could be a quick build.  Wishiing the best for you!

V/r

Craig
Thanks Craig,
Just trying to get a new "home" set up right now. Will likely take a few weeks for the mushroom cloud to settle. Have had my eye on the CLC Skerry as a potential first project that my 7 yr old could help with. Kinda spendy but kit form would speed things along.

capnpablo             
Building a boat with Dad is a memory that will last a lifetime for a 7 year old.  Go for it!