BYYB Forums

Full Version: New member in Central Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello from Central Kentucky.  In the dreaming stage right now.  Built a 17' sea kayak 3 years ago and looking for something to carry the family.  Love the sailboat idea - love human powered or nature powered crafts.  Can someone answer 2 questions for me:
1) don't know how I found the Stevenson web site.  Googling sailboat kits, plans, etc., I get lots of hits on glen-l and CLC boats, but Stevenson did not come up.  He has the best looking boats (in my opinion) but don't know if there is not enough followers to put him higher on the Google hit list.
2) Did I read somewhere that the company did or almost went out of business?  I am not ready to begin building, and, when I do, I don't want to call for some advice or support, only to find out the company has folded. 

Could someone help me on these two issues.  Thank you.  By the way, I'm really liking the Vacationer.  I think that's the boat for me.

David Johnson
Campbellsville, Ky
Relax David, The Stevenson's are not about to go out of business, Peter is very active in the business as is his son Mike. They just don't blow their horn too often. This forum is where you will get all the help and answers you will need to finish your project. This forum, if you follow it will amaze you with the expert and novice information about building these and other boats. Good Luck and stick around for awhile, Warren
DAvid use www.steveproj.com

Welcome aboard
That's

www.stevproj.com

also googling Stevenson Projects will bring it up.

-Mark
Welcome, David.  Lots of helpful peopleon these boards.  You'll learn quickly and build a great boat.  Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Dave
Go for it. Welcome to the forum.
Hi Dave,
  Welcome to the forms.  I'm another newer builder I got my plans from Stevenson's and was very please with the info provided when I called and the plans.  It did take a couple days for Mike to get back to me, but he was glad to answer my questions and pointed me to this form.  This place is great for answers for us new builders and every one is great in providing help full and detailed replies (even when you ask the dumb questions).

As Ike said go for it, if you run into problems lots of folks to help out, heck Paul has even gotten me out of hot water with the Admiral once  ;D