BYYB Forums

Full Version: tough enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, thought I'd give you a good laugh.......last year I would sometimes put the mast up at home and then trailer down to the dock.It's only about 900 yards and the path is smooth.This year I put up the mast and headed down and just short of the dock I felt something odd. Looking in the mirror my weekender was pointing up in the air at about a 30 degree angle. The oak tree just short of the ramp had apparently grown and the weight had caused the limb to sag down more. The very tip of the  mast had caught and the rope I had the boat secured to winch had broken. the rear of the boat never touched the ground .I got out ,looked at everything,then backed the truck up which placed the boat back perfectly on the trailer.The only damage was a little stretching on the front stay which was easily taken up by the turnbuckle. I checked the cable clamps,threw her in the water and life was good...............tough enough I'd say................bruce wheeler
Too bad you didn't have a camera handy!  :o
Bruce.  Can you post more pics on your website or here on byyb??