BYYB Forums

Full Version: Asembling Rosebud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Whew... 90 degrees outside and I've been inside Rosebud installing the rails, doors, and hatches. Getting excited and anxious to cruise the river. Three coats of Petit Easypoxy on everything and 9 coats of varnish on the rails and doors. I don't varnish anything that won't come off the boat and go in the shop in the winter. All the spars, rudder and tiller have been painted since winter and are ready for waxing. I put crosshairs on the rudder so no more trying to stab the center bolt 10 or 15 times before getting it. The hatches are getting a rubber seal on them and will be locked down when sailing. Something I decided when we suffered a near knockdown Sailing to Stockton last year. Also I have made my hatch and rails independent of each other. I didn't care for the high somewhat bulky look of the hatch and the fact you could hold only half of the rail when closed or the other half when open. so my hatch looks low and streamlined sliding on aluminum rails that we keep waxed and the rails can be grabbed anywhere.
just amazing...having actually had the chance to sit and sail in your boat---I cant wait to see these changes...

Did you get a picture of the hatch?  Love the laz cover with the rose...
I got the pic but my computer crashed before I could download it so here goes ;D
Greetings, Warren!
I like the way your hatch, etc., paint matches your wood.  Is that a standard color, or something you had custom mixed? 
warren this is truly amazing!
Thanks Matt, It really helps to sail the boat awhile and see the changes you want to make. That's what is so fun about building your own!
Greetings Kurt! Sorry I wish they made that color. I take a qt. of Petit brightwork brown and start adding their sunflower yellow till I get my color, I get almost 2 qt. of paint out of the mix. I use the same colors on my houseboat "Fogbender" Hope to hear from you again Kirk. Warren
Rigging Rosebud. I think we'll be on the river this weekend. Also wired the Minn Kota plug into the stern so no wires coming across the taff rail. I have a Honda 2hp but some lakes in California won't let you run a gas motor so the Minn Kota gets you in! Plus a heavy deep cell battery stops the pounding up front. All the cabin lights and running lights are LEDs so the battery is a permanent fixture. I have installed leather on the gaff jaws so as not to wear the paint on the mast, it's really smooth and soft and a great improvement in the use of the gaff. The plastic balls keep the gaff running smooth on the other side. I keep an extra pin for the hinge in a holder on the mast near the hinge so one is always within reach while raising the mast, no looking around for the pin while holding the mast up.
Closer and closer!
is this into the lazarette area?
Lazarette on port and stbd this is in the stern and holds gas cans.
Pages: 1 2 3 4