BYYB Forums

Full Version: New Builder at Point Reyes Nat'l Seashore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to introduce a newly discovered builder! Her name is Kim Hawkins and she has finished her hull and is now working on her spars. She is a park ranger at the lighthouse on the tip of Point Reyes. She says the most asked question is... when do you feed the whales! Since Kim has built most of her boat with hand tools I have offered help some with tapering the mast. Oh yah... Kim has become a member of the "Left Coast Cruisers". That will make 6 members to date! Kim isn't online yet so I will intercept any messages for her so don't be bashful sending her encouragement. Looks like Tomales Bay is becoming a Weekender hot spot! ;D 
Hello Warren! And transmit salutation to Kim! Welcome aboard! So the 6 of you have Weekenders or are about to? That would make a nice video addition to the Internets to see them all drift to the wind Wink I will never see enough of that and am always looking for new stuff.
You can bet we'll have some pics for you on the forum.
Here's how I tapered my mast: http://byyb.org/forum/index.php?topic=2972.0

Dave
That's really nice and I'm sure many of us will be using that! Warren ;D
WELCOME KIM!!!  This is great another builder...I am in Napa...we love pt. reyes and have done some camping in Wildcat, and the other camps...great park!

Hope to meet you soon...Warren is a great person and will be a great person for help and advice...

Cant wait to see you on line...and picts when you get a chance...

MAtt
Just got a call from Kim Hawkins and she is picking up her 4 X 4 tomorrow so we can trim it down to become the mast on her new Weekender. This will be her first time online to read your comments so please send her a note and let her know you're out there. Thanks Warren ;D
Ahoy everyone! Warren was kind enough to let me hop on here and read your comments. Thanks! Sea Dragon is almost done! I think...after the mast it's all riggin...and then we'll see how she sails and what modifications if any need to be made. I hope to launch 11/11/11 if not sooner. I'm a ranger at Point Reyes who lives at the lighthouse so  if you are ever in the area drop in and say Hi and I show you the boat. See ya at sea!
welcome Kim...glad to have you on board...cant wait to see some pictures...cant wait to meet you...warren mentioned you are building your boat out of hand tools???  WOW...maximum respect! 
Welcome, Kim!  Please post some pictures!

Dave