BYYB Forums

Full Version: Another Weekender in Utah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks!

I started my Weekender last summer, just before the weather turned and winter cancelled all my plans. I am back up and running, working hard (and on the boat too!) I just received my resin and glass yesterday and will be working on that for the next 2 weeks or so. I hv to do all this on my weekends, 14 hrs a day doesn't leave too much time to dink around after work.
I plan to have the boat in the water this summer, July at the latest.
If there any Weekenders around the Ogden, UT area, I would really like to get in touch w/ you (just so I can show my wife that it is REALLY a boat and not a mistress (well, maybe she is. . .))
I am thinking about starting the maiden voyage from the Antelope Island Marina in the Great Salt Lake, so if my bad carpentry doesn't allow the boat to float at least I will!!!

Thanks!

Zac
Hello and Welcome Aboard Zac.
If you have any question's or ideas to float just ask or post away mate , folk's here, are eager to help.
If you wouldent mind pleas keep us up on your progress, and maybee even some photo's of your progress? We love photos here  ;D

Have a blast makin' sawdust.

Brian.
Zac, happy building. Glad to to have you here! I've been through the area and always wondered about sailing the lake. Send pics of your build. Warren ;D
Hi Zac,

Imagine that; another Weekender builder in Utah!  I have not even started, but I hope to start cutting pieces this weekend or next.
I live in Roy, so you can wave to me as you are driving to Antelope Island with your boat.

I saw pictures of another Weekender built in Utah on Page six of the Weekender "Builders Pictures" page on Stevenson's main site: http://www.stevproj.com/WkndrBBB6.html

His name is Phil Gowans, but I haven't figured out how to get ahold of him yet.  If you do end up contacting him, drop me a message. I would love to see a completed Weekender also. We can go bug him at the same time.

Happy building!
I also just found this link to a website detailing Phil's Weekender:
http://home.comcast.net/~TomsWeekender/p...nPage.html
Still no contact information for him.
Tombayus is the one maintaining the site.
Welcome to the forum. Many moons ago I was stationed in Utah, and did some sailing on the Great Salt Lake.  Just watch out for those Tooele Twisters!  Of course considering the density of the water it's pretty hard to sink anything on the Great Salt Lake. 

Good luck with your project.
Try this email for Phil Gowans:

pgowans@wdco.com

Dave