BYYB Forums

Full Version: Vacationer with fold out bed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone remember who posted the photos of a modified Vacationer with a raised cabin and a fold out queen sized bed?

Dave
Hi Dave, It was me, I am guilty,  Keith Welsby.
Hi Keith!  I think it's a great idea, especially if I have to try to convince the Admiral to spend the night on the boat!  I just finished my Weekender, but I've got an itch to build something bigger.

Dave
Yep ditto on that Dave, I've had to modify my Vacationer plans since the Admiral saw pics of Keith's cabin (there goes my manly pirate ship, she wants to make it all girlie now)  hehe.

Hey Keith since the subject came up again there was a question I wanted to ask I'm going to raise the cabin height up 4 inches but was also thinking about raising the height on the sides by 2 or 3 inches to give a couple more inches head room in the cabin.  I know that's going to affect a bunch of other measurement also, but before I start down that road I wanted to find out from the rest of you guys if
1.  that would be way to much height on the boat (figured I raise the set height a bit to help with line of sight over the hatch and roof)
2.  if that would effect the handling and such in a negative way.
    I raised  The cabin a full 6 inch, sides & roof.  I  have never had a problem seeing over the cabin when sailing, I am 5ft 10" can see OK sitting on the bench seat but most off the time I sail sitting up along side the wheel.
    Glad I raised the roof with the bed folded up I still have head room when sitting on the seat. Plus I have room under the seat for the 2nd jib, bedding & more. I use a queen size air bed. I still had room for two small cabinets for the stove & potty.
      We spent a quite few nights out on the Long Island Sound last year, hoping for more of the same this year, doing a little work on the boat right now, repainting the bottom & and installing
a winch to raise the mast (let you know how that works out)
Thanks Keith for the info

Dave here's another set up bunks to look.

http://byyb.org/forum/index.php?topic=2879.0
Wow just realized  it was another Keith that had the bunks I was looking at.

Keith W. if you don't mind could you point me in the direction of pic of your cabin or maybe post one or two here please, thanks
Hi Jim, I posted some pictures on July 8th Under (Whats the secret to putting pictures up) I no longer have these on my pc any more. I do have most of my pics during building if you need any thing let me know.....  Keith W
That would be my bunk Jim, What I did was make the bunks on either side of the boat and I have a sliding piece of plywood under the port bunk that I bridge the two bunks together and cover with the back rest cushions. It works out pretty well but its a PITA to get the slide out in and out because you have sit on one side and pull and push to get it in place. It works when you need it but if I'm alone I leave it hidden. Also there's the thing about access to the storage under the bunks, it never fails, as soon as the bed is set up you remember something you forgot to pull out of the drawers under the bunk....if it's the bottle of rum there could be a mutiny
Keith Welsby, Hafta use last name's with 2 keiths here lol. but dam man I missed those pic's I saved them to my puter and blew them up a bit, Wow I love that bunk in there and such a well built vac, I love it. It look's quite cozy in there.
Man pleas post some more pic's Of yer beautifull boat. I went searching all yer post's for more pic's greedily when i saw the 3 I had found.
Good job sir a fine Yacht indeed.
since i opted for no furniture In my cabin, this set's my immagination going again, But im makin' it sea worthy first and foremost need water on it.