BYYB Forums

Full Version: RYD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings Paul,

More details please ...

[Image: normal_Craig-49-w.jpg]

Overall (sparred) length, beam, draft board up and down, & displacement.

I am thinking about tearing off my two car garage and replacing it with something larger, and I want to make sure I go big enough.
;D

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom, RYD stands for Riccelli Yacht Design or Ridiculously Young and Demonic, depending on how you look at things.

The image you have there is of two boats, which is difficult to see, unless you can enlarge it a bit. The black lines represent Craig's new, larger design, while the red lines represent the older 26' 7" version. The new design has more headroom, more elbow room, more displacement has been dragged into the ends, but it retains the same shallow draft, centerboard and divided appendage arrangement of the original concept.

This is a fairly new trend in yacht design and it's call "in the traditional spirit" type design, whereas the boat, from the LWL up looks to be a classic in every way, yet below the LWL she's nothing of the sort. You get the best of both worlds (mostly) classic beauty and modern maneuvering.

The new dimensions are 28' 2" on deck, 23' 3" LWL, 8' 8" beam, 2' 8" draft, 7,300 lbs. displacement, 1,400 ballast and about 383 sq. ft. of sail area. This is up in size from the previous 26' 7 5/8" on deck, 21' 7" LWL, 8' 3" beam design.