BYYB Forums

Full Version: new member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello members just saying hi, practising how to use this computer please bear with me. i live at penrith n.s.w. australia and love the weekender . never built a boat before so i will just read on byyb to learn learn learn. before i go ahead bye..
Welcome Gary Glad to have you with us.
Welcome aboard Gary, its a pleasure to hear from down under! I can show you a trip from California to Mexico my son and I made with the Weekender "Rosebud" to the Sea of Cortez for 3 weeks. Hope this gets your blood flowing and the sawdust piling up in your shop. Warren ;D
Hi Garey from the Hunter Valley, NSW - I have recently begun construction of a Vacationer (began Dec 2010) here at home in Maitland and am enjoying it greatly! Don't look at the plans for too long, get building! Good luck
Gerrard
Ahoy and Welcome Gary,
Yeah dont look to long, get some solid advise on your wood choice's.
Please for your own good use epoxy, and not plastic resin glue as said in the plan's.
Use good stuff if you want to keep your boat around, or use lesser mat's if ya just wanna get out and learn for a few year's.
If you have any question's about any of it, just post a question and someone will get right to it.
There are a lot of good folk's here with a wealth of information, and dont mind sharing.
So make some sawdust aske away and it will happen, If yer like me? Well, I looked too much lol.
I am getting on it though now, and am making headway.
Good luck with your project mate.

Brian.
thank you for the welcome fella's i see gerrard's a maitland boy very good, i went to st ethel's primary school lived in abbott st in the 50's. and warren you sailed down the west coast gee mate i think i would freak out you must have had good weather..
Well, I sailed my Catalina 30 down there however I DID NOT sail my Weekender down there, we used my son's Dodge diesel to get down there. It was a great trip but only on the trailer. Spent 3 weeks. ;D