BYYB Forums

Full Version: Ply Flyer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
;D
I have finally started building my Ply Flyer. I have had the plans and wood for almost a year. About a year ago I posted on this forum. I tried to find anyone who had built a "Ply Flyer". It seems most of the people who post on this forum have built or are building a Weekender or Vacationer. Anyway as I progress with the build I will post photos and comments. So far I am pleased with my progress. Once again, Has anyone ever built a Ply Flyer?
I built a MiniCup which is similar and was a heck of a lot of fun.
mike i have not...like you said---I too am building a weekender right now...

BUT...I cant wait to see your progress and look forward to watching...I looked at these plans and still might build a smaller boat when I am done with my weekender...
Ya, I too thought I would build another sailboat after the Weekender, however my Weekender keep surprising me with it's ability to do the things that bigger boats do. Send those pics, Warren
I have finished cutting the stringers, Deck,, the Hull Bottom all the bulkheads and the cockpit sides. Next step layout keel cut and attach to the two bottom hull secdtions. So far so good. I am taking my time. Trying to do at least one thing  in the shop every day possible. I have included the pictures. My granddaughter says I am building her a boat. I guess I am. I will post more pictures as I progress.
picts look great...keep up the progress!
I have masde a little more progress, I have finished all the bulkheads and transom. I'll be getting other parts (keel) cut this week.
how many sheets of Ply are needed in this boat...?
5 pcs 1/4" 4' x 8'. I think it will be a Fast fun boat. At 44" x 14' it is a sleek Hull. I have never found anyone who has built one.
To be on the safe side, hold off cutting out the deck until you're ready for it.  I ended up doing the aft deck on my MiniCup twice because my carpentry wasn't accurate enough.

What I do now is cut pieces like the deck slightly large and then trim to fit after assembly with my router and a round-over bit.
Pages: 1 2