BYYB Forums

Full Version: My first time this year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surprisingly in these last days temperature rose up enough to melt all the ice off my Weekender tarpaulin.
This was a chance I could not absolutely lose and this morning I sailed for my first time in this new year.
Even if temperature was about 5°C , there was not wind, so the sun could warm my face while I was lazily  laying in the cockpit.
[attachment=1]

Gianluigi
Presses virtual "Like" button.
I looked at the tarp covering Ginny Rae, as was scared to touch in in the -38 temps, for fear it would shatter. Another thing that amazes me is how mosquito larvae  survive the cold winters to return each summer. Only 4.5 months until then.
looks grreat....cant wait...
Like Greg, my tarp will be in place awhile yet.  I am doing a very long canoe race late June so I'll get sailing this year around the second week of July.
My little boat, the Amanda Marie, spends the winters in a semi heated (50 F) shop but in keeping with the spirit of these postings I did go out and brush the dust off her.
I brushed the dust off my other half and went sailing the other day, does that count?
Paul, I am so tempted to ask if you have pictures to post but will refrain out of what little class and good taste I still cling to in my old age.  So yes that counts.
If you roll them around in the dust you can find the . . . oh never mind . . .
There he goes again...... Smile