BYYB Forums

Full Version: I guess I'm not buying A Vacationer right now!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Peter Neville

Just made a 1200mile round trip to pick up Kevin Greens Vacationer from it's second owner in Carson City, Nevada. I had studied the for sale pictures he had posted on the forum and was prepared to put some work into her. However the boat had greatly deteriorated, since then, to the extent that the stem had a large rot hole through to the middle layer. As I prodded around I could see more rot together with a lot of fibre glass delamination which would result in a lot of work and no guarantee that I could make her seaworthy.... and so I have passed on making the purchase. However the drive was fun with some spectacular snowscapes north of Bishop Ca. and the weather was good to me...........and I'm still looking for a Vacationer or Weekender. Peter.
Sorry that didn't work out Peter.  Keep looking
Pete;
    Go to www.sailboatlistings.com and click on Oregon and close to the bottom of the page is an unsailed finished Weekender ready to go for 5K.

Alan
Wow I just checked out the Oregon Weekender...looks like a great boat---sails, TRAILER, everything...here is a link DIRECTLY to this boat:

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/cgi-bin/...15142&mh=1

Lots of pictures...

Matt
Your Welcome.

Matt