BYYB Forums

Full Version: Washington area weekenders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I live in Federal Way, WA, and I just bought a weekender built locally in 1993. I wanted something small that I could trailer behind my Jeep but big enough that my 18lb dog can go out with me - the wife won't, and the dog doesn't talk as much anyway! Big Grin  I also wanted something I can teach my son how to sail on. I love the look of the Gaff Rig, and want to someday build a Haven.

If there are any Weekender (or other boats too) owners who want to get together and sail on nice days and talk about boats, let me know and we'll set something up!

Are there any West Coast small boat gatherings that Weekender (or other small boats) owners try to hit? Wooden Boat festival, etc?

Thanks for the great info in the forums and site!  Cheers! Eric
Congratulations Eric, welcome to the group. We are the "Left Coast Cruisers" 45 miles north of San Francisco in the wine country. We sail the California Delta and San Francisco Bay. If your interested in sailing this way keep in touch on this site and we'll be posting our events. In August we will have a messabout up by Redding on Whiskytown res.Warren
Hi Warren!

Thank you for the information; I have some friends in the Sacremento area, so I could use a visit to them to go sailing with you guys!  I do have a business trip scheduled for late August, so keep me informed on dates!

Cheers! Eric
Eric, don't be afraid to post some pics of your new boat and let us know about the upgrades you're thinking of. Since you're from Washington remember to bring some sun protection down here, the delta can run 100 degrees easy in the summer. We do a run from Petaluma to the delta approx. 120 miles and we also drive to Herman and Helen's Resort and then fan out from there. H & H has a cafe, store and launch ramp n/c to launch last time we were there plus they let us tie up and camp on the docks. I use a site to plan my trips called <activecaptain.com> It's easy to use. Warren
Hi Eric,

My name is Joel Sacho. I live in Gig Harbor and have a Weekender named "Island Girl".  We didn't sail her at all last year but are planning to get a few trips in next summer. There are a few more Weekenders in the area .  If you want to come down this way I can show you some of our favorite sailing spots.

Here is a link to our Weekender pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/jsacho/SVIslandGirl#

joel
Nice job! Good finish and she looks good under sail - as they usually do!
Happy sailing
Joel, that was a pleasure going through your build photos. Thanks Warren
Greetings Joel,

Did you know your Weekender is visible from space?

Is that a canvas cover to keep the rain off the boat?

Cheers,
Tom

[attachment=1]
Tom, That's cool didn't know it could be seen that clearly. Looks like I need to get up on the roof and get rid of some moss!  The cover is just a large gray tarp from Harbor Freight