BYYB Forums

Full Version: I'm buying a Vacationer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Peter Neville

I am soon to be the proud and third owner of Kevin Green's Vacationer. She is currently located in Carson City, Nevada. I will be picking her up Dec 28th and am praying for good weather as it is about 600 miles each way to Oceanside with some altitude. She needs some work and I intend to return her to the Gaff Rig. She comes without an o/b, but I hope to buy one from Tom Christensen in San Diego. I have some other mods in mind which I will bounce off you guys before proceeding. This will possibly be an interim boat for me whilst I continue research and gaining knowledge on my dream boat. Peter.
Hey Peter, congrats on ya my man. Maybe we'll get to sail together yet! Warren
Kevin is quite the craftsman and put a lot of thought into each element of his boat.

It's seen better days and will need some loving care to return it to glory but it's good to know that it has been saved.

Peter Neville

Hi,
  Thanks for the interest. I hope to have her in S.Cal on or about Dec 29th and intend to start refurb after inspection etc. I understand she now has aluminum mast and boom which I want to restore to the original wood, gaff design. Additionally I really prefer a tiller so there will be quite a bit of work involved. Plus I need to see about the sails etc. Warren I was impressed with your Mexico pictures so if you have any further plans for south of the border, I hope you will let me know. Peter.
what's the status???  did it work out???