BYYB Forums

Full Version: Heres what you missed if you missed the Glen-L gathering 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are some photos (a bunch of photos) of the Glen-L gathering at Lake Nickajack back in September. We had a fantastic time once again. If any of you are in the area or even far away it is a great bunch of people and boats. I hosted 2 giant parties on my boat friday and saturday nights. There were about a 100 people gathered around my boat drinking, pickin, and just having a great time. Anyhow here are the pictures, we'll be back next year in September if anyone wants to join us
http://www.glen-l.com/picboards/picboard...ding3.html

Looks like a great gathering - good to see the Vacationer in amongst it there.
Good to see pics of her sailing; how does your vacationer go in a blow? Also, looks like you changed the internal layout from the plans...is that a bunk I saw on the starboard side?

ps nice looking dulcimer too; did you make it?
regards

Gerrard
Any Way to get a couple of pics of the inside?    :-\  I need ideas and lots of em

Wow another event I'll have to convince the admiral that we need to go to once the boat is finished

Peter Neville

Hi Jim,
        I'm also researching interiors and find the following quite interesting, but don't know if they'll all fit in a vacationer. Jim Welsfords Penguin on Duckworks. Whisper Boats Secret 1 and 2. and Iain Oughtreds Ayun Na Mar at Duckflats Boats.Peter.
here are some shots of the inside of the boat, they are earlier photos but may give you some ideas. I have  added a slide out that goes between the bunks to make a big bed for those lucky nights.
[Image: DSCN2780-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2030.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2014.jpg]
Thanks Keith, Peter for info, links and pics

Keith
Lol guess I'll have to think about putting in a slide-out to, of course any nite with out 1 or 2 huskies in bed is a lucky nite for me.

is your vacation standard height or did you raise it up at all? and I like the lamps inside the cabin I'll have to look for a set defiantly adds that old salt look that I want in my boat when she's finished  (well maybe not finished, I don't think anyone actually ever finishes building sounds like there is always something new, something to improve on or maybe the occasional repair but definitely looking forward to the day that I get to that point).

Peter Neville

Thanks Keith and beautiful work on the interior...........congratulations you have given me great inspiration. Peter.
I added 4 inches to the cabin height and I'm glad I did. I should have lowered the bunks a bit for sitting on my head bumps the ceiling, but I do have good storage under them. I also made some cushions that store behind the bunks that I place on the slide out. 
Keith,
    Did you just add 4 extra inches on to the sides of the upper cabin walls to raise it?  did that effect the angle at all?
I did add 4 inches to the cabin height and left all the angles the way they were. I like the way it looks and works. It's a little harder to see over the cabin but it's really not a problem.