BYYB Forums

Full Version: My Weekender update.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, it's slowly getting there. Piece by piece. The weather has been nice this week so I was able to get some painting done and am going to work on doing some varnishing tommorow on my day off. I got half my seats back in, hatch is on as are grabrails which hold the cabin slider on. I've got my mast and boom all done but am not going to put it in till I get boat on a smaller trailer.  Got most of the wiring installed, just have to install bow and stern lights and bilge pump and hook up wires to panel.  I've already got rudder and rudder box made and ready to bolt on.  I used Duckworks fittings for rudder and boom.    

Wow. That's turning out really well. The hatch under the companionway leading to the storage box/seat is really unique, I've never seen that before. What a good idea.

So, you're about halfway done. rigging is the other half!
The boat's name is Jenny after my wifes favorite movie "Forrest Gump",  but if I could get away with a name change I would name the boat "The 1st Attempt"  LOL because I see so many things I would do different like getting the deck and bottom totaly smooth instead of shooting for a 10' finish on the boat..    And make my mast lighter..  If I did'nt already have it wired, hinged, lighted, stained, varnished  and blocks already on I would probably take my belt sander and make it round instead the octagon shape it is to save some weight.
              O well, it's on the list for the 1st refit.
So long as it's not "Final Anchorage" Mike.
So Mike, where is your gallery? Your boat is sounding nice. Warren
Hi Warren, it's under user galleries, 3rd page under my name.
(11-05-2010, 05:37 PM)warren percell link Wrote:So Mike, where is your gallery? Your boat is sounding nice. Warren

http://byyb.org/gallery/displayimage.php...=104&pos=0

Here's a link
Thanks, I just just can't figure out how to put them in my msg's.
Hey Mike, your boat is way farther along than I thought!!! Looking Good. We are having a mess a bout and reunion at Lake Trinity in Aug. of 2011 and the Left Coast Cruisers will be there. Your boat should have some Delta miles on it by then. Think about attending as it's very close to you. Warren. ;D
Thanks, just got a battery today and am going to start working on electrical. Bow and stern light are on and wired. I'm not going to put my mast on until I get a new trailer at the end of November. I'm going to go with an ez loader, just not sure of the model #. I gotta write Joel Sacho and see what he used. It looked like a purfect fit.
Pages: 1 2 3