BYYB Forums

Full Version: Very sad news
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a call from Brian Watford's wife today. Brian has been fighting cancer for a while now and on Tuesday he passed away. It came as a shock to me because I had talked to him a few weeks ago and he was doing ok. Brian was the SE fleet commodore and a great guy. He'll be missed by many. I'll post more info as soon as I can.
Keith
Here is a copy of Brian's obituary

WATFORD, Brian Lee Brian Lee Watford, born in Atlanta December 6, 1958, to Robert and Mary Ruth Watford died Tuesday, October 26, 2010. Brian fought valiantly for over three years against blood cancers. Brian's passions were his family, especially his children, music, cooking and sailing (including pirates). He is survived by his wife, Martha Robert; children, Alex Watford, Rachel Watford and Mary Grace Barfield; sister, Pam Maxson (David) and brother, Mike Watford (Jamie); stepmother, Hazel Watford; sister-in-law, Mary Robert; brother-in-law, David Robert (Connie); numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins along with devoted friends, godchildren, co-workers and church family; and his devoted dog, Ellie. The funeral service will be a celebration of Brian's life and resurrection into eternal life with a reception at St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, 1790 LaVista Road, Atlanta 30329, on Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 2:00 P.M. In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to St. Bartholomew's Music Dept. or The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, 3715 Northside Pkwy., 400 Northcreek, Suite 300, Atlanta GA 30327. A. S. Turner & Sons
Damn . . .
Sad, Indeed.
Brian will be missed but, we have his memory to keep us going, until we see him again in heaven. May the Lord provide his family and friends the strenght to bear these hard times. God´s love and speed.
Very sad indeed, a loss for sure.
oh no! OMG, is Martha ok? keith call me i lost my cellphone with your number in it. i want to call Martha.
OMG i did not know! this is such sad new's he and i were good friend's, here and on our online game pirates of the burning sea. oh man!
god will take care of our friend this i am sure of as he was a true kind hearted man.

Yes sad new's indeed!