BYYB Forums

Full Version: bajabloke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Peter

Hi, I'm a wilderness explorer and spend a lot of time on the Baja peninsular looking for Indian rock art, artifacts and just enjoying nature. I am in Oceanside, Ca. I have a lot of sailing experience and hope to meet a lot of people through this site. I have just retired and can see myself sailing a Weekender on the lakes etc. in the western US. However, as I really don't have the space to build one I am looking for a good used one and am prepared to travel around to find one, so if anyone can point me in the best direction for locating one, it would be much appreciated? Thanks bajabloke.
Peter see the Free Vacationer post in the Builders section.  This is a well made boat and a reasonable owner.   8) 8) 8)

Peter

Thanks for the input Craig. I can already see the wealth of knowledge on this site.....it's great!
i was going to suggest the same thing...check out the recent "free vacationer" post...on it you will see the INCREDIBLE BUILD pictures...this is a boat that was well build with a lot of nice details...bigger then a weeekender but with your sailing experience I am sure it would be great...he is selling/giving it away because he said it has deteriorated the last few years---I cant imagine that it would be harder to bring sections back then build one from scratch...

and the idea that it would go to an experienced sailor would probably make him happy...

good luck.

Peter Neville

Thanks Matt, I did speak to Kevin the owner of the Vacationer and he has sold it to a party in Nevada so I'll just keep looking.

Peter.
Ahoy Bahabloke, My son and I took Rosebud, my Weekender to the Sea of Cortez at Santa Cruz for 3 weeks and had a ball. You can see our trip at <keithpercell.com> just scroll down and there we are. The "Left Coast Cruisers" will keep an eye out for you a boat. Give a holler if you ever get in this area. Warren

Peter Neville

Good to hear from you Warren and if I have a vessel when you next go to the Sea of Cortez, I would love to join you. I just returned on Monday evening from Gonzaga and Puertecitos where we had gale force winds on Sunday night. Yes please keep a look out for me. Where are you located? I will take a look at your website. Peter.