BYYB Forums

Full Version: weekender info required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

David Balmer

I'm currently looking at starting a new boat build and wondered if there are any members that have a finished boat they would allow me to look at. i live in Ottawa Ontario Canada
  after spending days looking at different boat plans and not seeing what i realy wanted, i found this craft. the shape and looks are  saying to me  this could be the  build i have been looking for. also reading about how she is built, she could be within my limited woodworking experience. any help in this matter would be great.

many thank's David

Hi David, glad to hear from you. I know there are members up there. You should look at the member section and you will find boats in your area. For the most part this group is very helpful and will jump at the chance to help another Weekender builder. Stay online here and someone will pick up on you. Good luck, Warren with the "Left Coast Cruisers"
I know one of our True North Fleet just moved to Petawawa, is that close to you?

David Balmer

Hi Ryerson,
                  Petawawa is only 1hour 45mins approx from where i live. just a quick drive to highway 417 and then follow my nose north.
Hi David, our friend Denis Goyette moved to Petawawa this past summer. I know he would be more than happy to show you his Weekender Polar Dip. He'll probably see this thread and respond soon. You could PM him on this site as well.

Greg
Greetings David,

While you are waiting for a real Weekender to see, you can entertain yourself with YouTube videos.

I have compiled a list of all of the known Weekender videos available on YouTube, Google Videos, me.com, etc.

The complete video list is here ... http://home.comcast.net/~TomsWeekender/videos.html

Enjoy,
Tom

David Balmer

many thanks to all who  responded to my request, i have been in touch with Denis and today i'am travelling up to Petawawa to see his boat. 

David
Hi David...

I am too far away...as I build...but you are interested in doing a good thing...when I was considering to build a Vacationer...Warren Percell invited me to come see his weekender and it was really helpful to see the boat in person...climb in it...feel the size of the cockpit...climb into the cabin and just see it all...

This is a very goood friendly place...so you will certainly get a lot of help...

matt