BYYB Forums

Full Version: Progress om "Molly" Part 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
More.

Dave
Good Golly.

I wish I'd done my toerail like that. She looks great. Lots of attention to detail there. Makes mine look like she was built by some guy in a garage Big Grin
looking really good,I like the dark stain.

Was goin to do my rails like yours but all the way out to the edge,but now i don't know,looks like yours might be a better way to go :-\
Beautiful!
How long have you been working on her?
Gianluigi
Thanks, guys!  Ive spent last summer and this summer on her.  It get REALLY cold here in winter, so except for the hatches and spars, little work was done between November and April.

Dave
Your going to need a better trailer than that ....

Mind you, more than one Weekender has been launched off it's building dolly  Smile
I've got to recruit a crew to move the boat from the dolly to the trailer.  I suspect this will take at least a week.  By then our daytime highs in Wisconsin will be in the 50"s.  Not the kind of weather you want to get your feet wet in!

Dave
Greetings Dave,

On our local sailing pond down here in Chicagoland, we have a Sunfish sailer who will be out through November, and Don has an interesting set of waterline marks on his Hobbie cat left over from when he sailed into what he thought was just glassy smooth water ... turned out to be a skim coat of ice.  Who knew that a cat makes a good ice-breaker?

Cheers,
Tom
Dave: Wear a sweater and launch the boat. "50s" is not cold. The international standard atmosphere is 15 degrees celsius, which is 59 of your degrees. Any time it's at or above 59 you are winning. The best we can hope for up here in October is somewhere between 32 and 50, mind you there aren't many sailboats out and about lately, but I am still sailing. You put on a wool sweater, and some wool socks, and a toque (or better yet a wool fisherman's cap) and launch that boat before winter. Don't be a sissy. Does it even freeze way down south in Wisconsin?
Getting cold her too.  104F yesterday!!!  Burrrrrrr  8) 8) 8)
Pages: 1 2